Occupational Injury Service (OIS) gives injured workers access to a doctor with experience in work-related injuries. Injured workers are typically seen within 30 minutes of arriving at the clinic. The clinics help injured workers return to work quickly and safely by providing expedited care.
If you've been injured, your employer needs to be signed up for the service
before you can access it. It also has to be your first visit after the injury
happened, unless your first visit was the emergency room (within 96 hours).
Using an OIS clinic for treatment is voluntary. Workers can go to their own doctor if they prefer.
How to sign up for OIS
Find a doctor in an OIS clinic
Online OIS clinic locator
Find the OIS clinic closest to you with our online app.
At-a-glance OIS clinic information
Addresses, contact information and services offered at OIS clinics across Alberta.
OIS coordinator contacts
Get in touch with the OIS coordinator in your area.
Why choose OIS
- Same-day access to a doctor with a background in work-related injuries and WCB training.
- Expedited diagnostic and treatment services.
- Same-day completion and submission of reports.
- Detailed communication to you, your employer and physician about your assessment and treatment.
- Individualized return-to-work plan.
- Coordination of assessment and treatment communication.
- Follow-up support.
In addition to these benefits, OIS helps reduce claim costs because the worker is getting care and reporting faster. Learn how OIS can lower employer premiums.
Latest OIS updates
- Find holiday hours for OIS Wellpoint Health Clinics in Calgary and Edmonton here.
- Effective Dec. 5, 2016, the CBI Red Deer clinic's new address is suite 102, 33 McKenzie Crescent, Red Deer County. The phone number is 403-341-4983.