Occupational Injury Service (OIS) gives injured workers access to a doctor with experience in work-related injuries. Injured workers are typically seen within 30 minutes of arriving at the clinic. The clinics help injured workers return to work quickly and safely by providing expedited care.
If you've been injured, your employer needs to be signed up for the service
before you can access it. It also has to be your first visit after the injury
happened, unless your first visit was the emergency room (within 96 hours).
Using an OIS clinic for treatment is voluntary. Workers can go to their own doctor if they prefer.
How to sign up for OIS
Find a doctor in an OIS clinic
Online OIS clinic locator
Find the OIS clinic closest to you with our online app.
At-a-glance OIS clinic information
Addresses, contact information and services offered at OIS clinics across Alberta.
OIS coordinator contacts
Get in touch with the OIS coordinator in your area.
Why choose OIS
- Same-day access to a doctor with a background in work-related injuries and WCB training.
- Expedited diagnostic and treatment services.
- Same-day completion and submission of reports.
- Detailed communication to you, your employer and physician about your assessment and treatment.
- Individualized return-to-work plan.
- Coordination of assessment and treatment communication.
- Follow-up support.
In addition to these benefits, OIS helps reduce claim costs because the worker is getting care and reporting faster. Learn how OIS can lower employer premiums.
OIS clinic closures/new clinics/clinic name changes
- PrimeCARE Health Grand Praire and Douglasglen (Calgary) have closed permanently.
Wellpoint Chaparral is now Medicentres
Same location-- 1800-194 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Wellpoint Foothills is now Medicentres
Same location-- 3716-61 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Wellpoint Lac La Biche is now Associated Medical Clinic
New Address: 10017-101 Ave, Lac La Biche, AB
Wellpoint Kingsway Edmonton is now Kingsway Medicentres
New Address: 10507 Kingsway Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
New OIS services in Leduc: Smyth Associates Clinic Leduc
4904-48 Street, Leduc, AB
- CBI (Leduc) - No OIS services
- Heritage Village (Edmonton) - No OIS services
- Imagine Health Windermere (Edmonton) - Clinic closed