Farms and ranches employing waged workers who are not business owners, or family members of business owners, are required to have a WCB account. Register for your account today.
If you have any questions about who you have to cover, call us at 1-866-922-9221 or email us at email@example.com.
- What you need to know when reporting your insurable earnings on your annual return.
- What is workers' compensation?
- Who do you have to cover?
- What are the benefits and cost of coverage?
- What are your responsibilities for medical treatment and reporting?
- How can you be prepared to plan your worker's return to work?
- Questions and answers about coverage for workers, family members and subcontractors.
We have developed industry classifications for farming operations to make sure we're grouping businesses together that have similar operations and risks. Below are the industry classifications as well as each industry's premium rate for 2017.
(per $100 of insurable earnings)
|Agri-tourism farms, greenhouses/market gardens, mushroom producers/bait farms||$1.70|
|Apiaries, fishing/fish or fur farms, goat/sheep producers, hog producers, poultry/egg producers||$1.75|
|Forage & peat moss processing, hay/grain/crop farming, harvesting/baling-custom||$2.25|
|Beef producers, dairy farms, elk/bison producers, feed lots, livestock auctions/stockyards, llama/alpaca producers, riding academies/horse stables||$2.97|