Full-day seminar (8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Register for a date and time that works for you:
As a union representative, you play an important role in helping your members understand workers' compensation and our processes, should they become injured at work.
We offer this seminar specifically designed for labour/union representatives to help you become more informed and better prepared to help workers and/or employers who may seek your assistance.
Seminars are offered online, and all seminars are offered at no cost to labour/union representatives.
Understanding the WCB claims process & requesting a review
Designed for labour/union representatives to assist members with WCB claims. This seminar provides an overview of the life a claim and how to prepare an appeal of a claim decision, and how these decisions are made.
What you will learn:
- How to file a claim.
- How decisions are made on workers' entitlements.
- How WCB manages the claims process.
- How to initiate, prepare and present a claim-related appeal.
- How to help your member request a review or appeal a decision made on his or her claim file.
- How to prepare and present an appeal to the review body.
To request more information about these seminars, please email us or call toll-free in Alberta at 1-866-922-9221. We're happy to help.