If your worker has been injured, you are required by law to submit the employer report of injury form within 72 hours after becoming aware of an injury or illness. The sooner WCB receives your information, the faster we can determine entitlement for your worker to benefits and services.
You need to submit a report to WCB if the accident results in, or is likely to result in:
- lost time or the need to temporarily or permanently modify work beyond the date of accident,
- death or permanent disability (amputation, hearing loss, etc.),
- a disabling or potentially disabling condition caused by occupational exposure or activity (poisoning, infection, respiratory disease, dermatitis, etc.),
- the need for medical treatment beyond first aid (assessment by physician, physiotherapy, chiropractic, etc.) or
- incurring medical aid expenses (dental treatment, eyeglass repair or replacement, prescription medications, etc.).
Option 1: Report online using myWCB
myWCB provides you with access to a number of online services, including online reporting.
Through myWCB, electronic injury reporting will guide you through the reporting process and provide you with online help along the way.
Additional information about myWCB can be found on our Online services for employers page.
Option 2: Submit a one-time injury report
If you are unable to sign up for online services, you can submit a one-time injury report by filling out our online employer report of injury form.
Option 3: Report by fax
If you are unable to access our online services, you can submit the employer report of injury form by fax.