We fit your values
Make a difference
WCB-Alberta offers employment opportunities in a wide range of fields, including customer service, disability and risk management, medical and rehabilitation services, finance, legal services, information management and much more.
So what makes WCB a rewarding place to work?
- Every day, we work hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
- We help injured workers with their recovery as they get back to work and to life.
- We work with employers to make workplaces safer.
- We do what we can to reduce the impact of workplace injury and illness on Albertans.
- Joining us means using your energy and creativity within a supportive team environment where everyone—from colleagues to clients—is treated with respect and fairness.
Get a sneak peek into our business and hear what our staff have to say about life at WCB.
Learn and grow
We want our employees to succeed and are committed to offering the learning opportunities they need to grow both personally and professionally. Some of what we offer includes:
- An informative new employee orientation, so you can get to know our organization.
- Business-specific courses, conferences, seminars and workshops, to help as you grow in your role.
- Leadership development programs about topics like mentoring, succession planning and coaching.
- Summer student positions, internships and practicums in a variety of fields.
Whether it’s by holding a raffle to support a worthy cause or organizing volunteers for a charitable event, we encourage our employees to give back and connect to their community in many different ways.
- Our staff can contribute monthly to a variety of different charities quickly and easily through payroll deductions.
- WCB is a member of Canadian Blood Services' Partners for Life program, through which we make hundreds of blood donations each year.
- We promote environmental sustainability with initiatives like our corporate recycling programs and a transit pass subsidy program.
- Several donation drives are held throughout the year, collecting contributions for organizations like the Food Bank, Tools for School, Coats for Kids and Santa's Anonymous.
Find out more about how WCB partners with the community.
Providing our employees with a great working experience has consistently made WCB one of Alberta's top employers.
- WCB was selected as one of the top 70 employers in Alberta in 2016. This is the tenth time we've been awarded this distinction.
- This year, we were finalists for Alberta Venture magazine's Best Workplace Award in two categories—training and development and health and safety.
- For the twelfth time, the Career Directory named WCB-Alberta as one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates.
"My father was killed in an industrial accident when I was a baby, so I knew about WCB from a young age. I didn't know I would work here when I grew up, of course, but my personal story helped me to relate to injured workers and their families. I know that each claim tells a different story."